Wednesday, January 23, 2008

WNT on American Idol Season 7: They Weren't That Bad

I'm watching the tryouts right now for American Idol Season 7 in Charleston, NC and I was disappointed to see that Lindsey Goodman and Oliver Highman didn't get a golden ticket! From what I was hearing, I thought they were decent enough to go to Hollywood.

First off, I was impressed by Lindsey's profession as a pilot in the U.S. Airforce. It was cool to see these "you wouldn't have thought" lifestyles come through this show. In my opinion with her voice, singing "Black Velvet," I thought it had good tone. I agree with Paula that there was quiver to her lips, but I enjoyed hearing her voice and I wanted to hear more in Hollywood. Well girl, I think you should definitely try out next year. I'm sure next time you'll impress the judges the second time around.

Oliver Highman. What a nice guy. Even though he got rejected from the judges, he still wanted to show the world how proud a father he is. He brought his new baby girl out with his wife to show Randy, Paula, and Simon and he left without a complaint. Good job Oliver! I enjoyed listening to your voice too and I hope to see both you and Lindsay back in Season 8.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree! Oliver was such a sweetheart and what a cute family! You could tell that he was just super nervous, and um, probably totally exhausted. I sure hope that he is back, and actually I would love to see them on some show to see how cute the baby is today!

Lorace said...

Maybe we'll see them again on a morning show or something. Or better yet, we'll see their daughter in another 15+ years trying out like her dad. Until then, Oliver will be singing her lullabies.