Saturday, January 19, 2008

WNT Product Review: Belkin Leather iPod Touch Case


For Christmas, I bought myself the 8 GB iPod Touch. With its sleek design and susceptibility to being scratched or damaged, I had to get myself a cool case to go with it!

I wanted something that would be durable and stylish and at the same time not compromise the functionality of my new iPod Touch. I chose the Cameo Pink/Chocolate Belkin Leather Folio.

The Good

The hexagon pattern on the front and inner flap of the Belkin Folio gives this classy leather case a "touch" of a retro. The iPod Touch slips in very easily while allowing enough access to attach your headphones and charger. I like the fact that this case doesn't have a clear cover on it that could potentially decrease the touch sensitivity on the iPod. It's probably wise to leave the clear cover on (or purchase those clear covers if you've already taken it off) as an extra precaution.

The Bad

Since the case doesn't create a tight fit around the iPod, it takes two or three tries to press the home screen button. I'm hoping after a few weeks that the case will form better to my iPod's contours. I'm doing that by squeezing the case around the iPod and securing it in place with the velcro strap.

I give this product 3.5 stars. What do you think? Your comments are appreciated!

No comments: