Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Live What You Wear (Part I)

Right now, I'm sitting with my seven grain bread peanut butter sandwich with the closet open in front of me. My wardrobe colors--black, dark blue, some white, browns, tan, more black. Hideous! No wonder I don't have a boyfriend.

A few days ago, after snoozing the alarm my usual 3 times, I rolled out of bed using my cell phone as a light to navigate to the lamp. After switching the light on, I quickly scanned my work garb. If I were to try to catch that guy's attention, most of these outfits I wouldn't even wear. To the left I saw a few tops that my mom brought back from the Philippines. I grabbed this deep red top from Kamiseta, a famous brand back home. The first time I tried this on about a year and a half ago, I couldn't even close the buttons together, but it fit perfectly!

At work that day, I sported my black pants and my fitted deep red collard blouse with a cute sash that tied in the back. I felt warm, cute, happy, like I had every reason to smile about! My coworkers bid me a few compliments on it too. One even called me the lady in red.

It was a nice spring day outside, so I took a walk over to another building to take care of some business. The rays of the sun felt soothing after this long awaited winter I couldn't help but smile. I bet those guys riding those yellow bikes on the sidewalk were wondering what the hell I had to smile about.

So wear whatever will make you happy! I'm not only talking about what's in your closet, but other things such as wearing a beautiful smile. I cannot stress enought how far a smile will go to enlighten someone's day. A kind smile to a friend, loved one, or a stranger is a gift so simple, yet priceless.

No comments: